Want to know more?
Hopefully this page will answer any questions you may have but if not, please don’t hesitate to Contact Us
FAQ for Visitors
- Do I have to join before attending a meeting?
- Must I call and make arrangements before attending as a guest?
- Are guests to your Toastmaster meetings expected to participate in the meeting or to speak in front of the group?
- How long are your meetings?
- How are your meetings divided?
- What is the age group/occupation/interests of members belonging to Linlithgow Speakers?
- How many people usually attend a meeting at Linlithgow Speakers?
- Beyond giving prepared speeches, how can participation in Toastmasters help me to become a better communicator?
- Can Toastmasters really help me become more effective and valuable at my job?
- I wouldn’t know the first thing about running a meeting, completing speaking assignments, or especially evaluating someone! Where do I learn how to do this?
FAQ for Joining and Membership
- What do I get for my membership?
- Is there a fee to join Toastmasters?
- But if I already know the essentials of speaking, why is it necessary to keep practicing?
- When I join, will there be someone I can contact with questions?
- How can learning how to run a meeting make me a better communicator?
- How long does it take to complete the Toastmasters program?
- How long do most people belong to a Toastmasters club?
- Why is the Toastmasters Communication Program also called a leadership program?
- What is meant by active membership?
- Since speaking opportunities can be limited by club size, is it possible to speak outside of a Toastmasters club and still get credit toward Toastmaster awards?